Sunday, April 1, 2018

A New Approach

     Sometimes things don't always work out the way you want them to or expect them to and when that happens, you can do one of two things. You can quit or you can step back and take a close look at the situation and figure out a way to make it better. In 2 Corinthians chapter five, verse seven it says, "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." Sometimes things become old or stale and it is not only needful but necessary to throw it away. Sometimes you can change some of it and sometimes you have to start all over. Well this is the way I have felt about my blog. So instead of quitting, I have taken some time to rethink some things concerning my blog.

     I enjoy writing so I was definitely not going to quit. This was never an option in my mind. My problem was never my writing, but how do I combine my writing with my blog to make it more effective for those who read it. If you have followed the blog, I was writing a blog every day. Each day I would post a certain thought to try and help motivate those who would read it. For me, since writing takes time, this became very demanding of my time. To write a blog a day usually meant spending at least two hours (or more) in front of my computer. Soon I found myself feeling like it was too much work and I don't like or desire to have my writing become 'work'. So when I left on vacation, I took a few weeks off to not only rest my mind but to also think about a new approach to my blog.



     So after using the month of March to think things over, here is what I have decided to do. I am no longer going to write a blog every day but instead, I am going to write a blog once a week and post this blog every Monday (hopefully Monday morning's). Each weekly blog will have a theme for the reader to consider. For instance, I may have a theme for the week on 'TIME' and how we waste it and how we need to use it more wisely or I may have a weekly theme on 'PURPOSE' and how to find it. So then, since THIS blog posted tonight is about finding a 'NEW APPROACH' then this week I will be focusing on the theme of restarting or rebooting your life. I will endeavor to have each weekly themed blog posted by Sunday evening or Monday morning. With each Sunday/Monday blog post I will establish the 'thought for the week' and then I use this blog to launch into mini thoughts throughout the week and all these 'mini thoughts' will be centered around the theme blog that I originally wrote about on Sunday/Monday. I may post a meme on the thought . I may post a quote about this week's thought and add my own quick thoughts to the quote. I may throw some scripture in with a thought or two on the thought of the week. So every week we will have a new theme or 'thought' to discuss, learn about or to conquer.

     So to anyone and everyone who reads my blog. Welcome back Team 365 and get ready for a new and exciting approach. I will do my best to inspire you to overcome any of the obstacles that stand in your way to making your life healthier and better...both naturally and spiritually! 

No comments:

Post a Comment